IT Careers with Omega Network Solutions
Make the best career move of your life!
Omega Network Solutions is always on the look out for exceptional people to join our team. We are a group of IT professionals from different backgrounds who all have one at least one thing in common: we are passionate about delivering outstanding technology services and solutions to businesses in Toronto and across the GTA.
Do you have a background in IT and want to work for a company that gives you the freedom to challenge yourself every day? A company that truly believes in the value of what each individual can bring and gives them the tools to not only excel but also be rewarded for their hard work and ingenuity. Would you like the chance to be part of a team that values work-life balance? Omega has been an IT innovator for over 15 years and that could not be achieved without a great team or great leadership. We are always looking to add to our team so give us a call and tell us what makes you stand out from the rest!
We are currently hiring
Senior Service Desk Specialist
Omega Network Solutions is a Managed IT Services Provider located in Toronto. We specialize in providing outsourced IT support, hosted servers, security and project services to small and medium sized businesses in the Toronto GTA area. We are searching for an experienced IT Support professional to join our small, but dynamic service team in providing support to our clients.
If this position interests you, and you believe you have the qualifications we’re looking for, please email your resume and a covering letter to Careers@OmegaNetworkSolutions.com We appreciate and review every submission, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Service Desk Specialist is a technical support role at Omega Network Solution whose primary responsibility is to provide IT support for our clients. This is a client facing role, interacting with people of all levels in our clients’ offices. The Service Desk Specialist is responsible for tracking and resolving all assigned support requests through effective decision making and problem-solving skills.
The Service Desk Specialist will also have responsibility for projects, such as building and deploying new servers (both physical and virtual), setting up new client BDR appliances and integrating with the vault.
The successful candidate will present himself/herself in an extremely professional, competent manner, be highly organized, and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. The Service Desk Specialist is expected to provide these services with a high level of technical competency and independence, demonstrating experience and ability in multiple disciplines within IT.
This position is part of an on-call rotation. During the on-call period, the individual is expected to respond to requests from clients and urgent server alerts in a timely manner, according to the defined on-call policy.
Omega Network Solutions offers a competitive compensation package, and a comprehensive benefits package.
The successful candidate for this position will possess a degree or diploma related to information technology, 5 years of related experience, and will be skilled in the following areas:
- Native-like English fluency
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills in English
- Enthusiasm for providing outstanding customer service
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Presents himself/herself in a highly professional, competent manner
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivating
- Patience to solve technical problems with end users of varying technical aptitudes
- Desire to learn new IT skills and genuine interest in technology
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Toronto Police background check will be required
- Microsoft Windows 7/8/10
- Microsoft Office 365 Management
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Active Directory
- TCP/IP (routing, protocols)
- Knowledge of Firewalls and how they work
- Mac Computers
- Car to travel on-site to clients in the GTA as required
- Ability to lift computer equipment
Experience in the following technologies would be considered a strong asset:
- Experience at another MSP
- Automate/Labtech, or other RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) system
- ConnectWise, or other PSA (Professional Services Automation) system
- SonicWALL Firewalls
- Veeam Backup
- HPE ProLiant Server hardware
- HPE/Aruba switches
- HPE iLO and System Insight Manager
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Hosted VoIP Phone System
- VMware vSphere
- Citrix XenApp
- Microsoft, VMware, Citrix and SonicWALL certifications would be considered a strong asset
Interested candidates can apply by emailing their resume and a cover letter to Careers@OmegaNetworkSolutions.com
We appreciate and review all submissions, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.