Make the best career move of your life!
Omega Network Solutions is always on the look out for exceptional people to join our team. We are a group of IT professionals from different backgrounds who all have one at least one thing in common: we are passionate about delivering outstanding technology services and solutions to businesses in Toronto and across the GTA.
Do you have a background in IT and want to work for a company that gives you the freedom to challenge yourself every day? A company that truly believes in the value of what each individual can bring and gives them the tools to not only excel but also be rewarded for their hard work and ingenuity. Would you like the chance to be part of a team that values work-life balance? Omega has been an IT innovator for over 15 years and that could not be achieved without a great team or great leadership. We are always looking to add to our team so give us a call and tell us what makes you stand out from the rest!
We are currently hiring
IT Service Desk Specialist
Omega Network Solutions is a Managed IT Services Provider located in Toronto. We specialize in providing outsourced IT support, hosted servers, security and project services to small and medium sized businesses in the Toronto GTA area. We are searching for an experienced IT Support professional to join our small, but dynamic service team in providing support to our clients.
If this position interests you, and you believe you have the qualifications we’re looking for, please email your resume and a covering letter to Careers@OmegaNetworkSolutions.com We appreciate and review every submission, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Service Desk Specialist is a technical support role at Omega Network Solution whose primary responsibility is to provide IT support for our clients. This is a client facing role, interacting with people in our clients’ offices. The Service Desk Specialist is responsible for tracking and resolving all assigned support requests through effective decision-making and problem-solving skills.
The successful candidate will present himself/herself in an extremely professional, competent manner, be highly organized, and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. The Service Desk Specialist is expected to provide these services with a high level of technical competency and independence, demonstrating experience and ability in multiple disciplines within IT.
This position is part of an on-call rotation. During the on-call period, the individual is expected to respond to requests from clients and urgent server alerts in a timely manner, according to the defined on-call policy.
Omega Network Solutions offers a competitive compensation package, and a comprehensive benefits package. All Omega staff must fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Apply by emailing your resume and a cover letter to Careers@OmegaNetworkSolutions.com.
The successful candidate for this position will possess a degree, diploma or certificates related to information technology, 2-4 years of related experience, and will be skilled in the following areas:
Required Personal Skills:
- Excellent English verbal and written skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills in English
- Enthusiasm for providing outstanding customer service
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Presents himself/herself in a highly professional, competent manner
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivating
- Patience to solve technical problems with end users of varying technical aptitudes
- Desire to learn new IT skills and genuine interest in technology
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Toronto Police background check will be required
Required Technical Skills:
- Microsoft Windows 7/8/10
- Microsoft Office 365 Management
- Microsoft management including Active Directory
- General knowledge about Firewalls
- Mac Computers
- Ability to lift and carry computer equipment
- Valid G Ontario driver’s license and full access to reliable vehicle
Considered a Strong Asset:
- Experience at another MSP
- Automate/Labtech, or other RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) system
- ConnectWise, or other PSA (Professional Services Automation) system
- SonicWALL Firewalls
- Veeam Backup
- HPE ProLiant Server hardware
- Knowledge of Switches and VLANs
- Hosted VoIP Phone Systems
- Citrix XenApp
- Microsoft, Citrix and SonicWALL certifications would be considered a strong asset.
Apply by sending your resume and a cover letter. We review all submissions, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Expected start date: 2021-12-13
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
All members of Omega staff must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Apply by emailing your resume and a cover letter to Careers@OmegaNetworkSolutions.com
We appreciate and review all submissions, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.